Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost finished

I'm very busy lately but I could find a bit of time to continue painting this figure. I added the red cross on the chest of the figure. And the front side is now finished, I only have to add some weathering on the surcoat and chain mail. The surcoat on the backside still needs a bit more work. The shield is added to the back of the figure and painted in a slightly different white mixture with a black stripe on top to preventing a monotone look. I was working on the white part when my oldest pulled me away from my painting stuff to play with his trains. So the last things I have to do before finishing this figure is adding some more slash marks and weather the shield. Finish the gloves, spear and axe and the ground work on the sides were the paint is gone now because of touching the base.

Cheers,
Marcel.




3 comments:

maodimatteo said...

Hello Marcel!Congratulation for the new figure: it's fantastic!

steve readdie said...

Wow mate this is really looking fantastic now and with the shield added really brings it all together, i never imagined the figure would look this good painted.

All the best mate,

Steve

Marcel Boerrigter said...

Thanks a lot for the compliments
Maurizio and Steve!

Marcel.