Monday, May 30, 2011

Roman Aquilifer, 1st Century AD

This figure I prepared for the workshop faces which I gave a few week ago. It's a 54mm (closer to 60mm)Roman Aquilifer from Soldiers. Beautiful sculpted by Adriano Laruccia. I still have to do some small corrections but it's more or less finished. Here are the pictures.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Workshop figure painting

During the last AMSS show in Antwerpen I had a discussion with some dutch modellers about figure modeling in the Netherlands and the lack of painting workshops here. So the interest for such a workshop was investigated under the dutch modelers and we got good response. The project went to the next fase and Sander and I started organizing the workshop which was held on Saturday 21 May in Woerden. The subject for this day was painting faces with acrylics.

I had to wake up early in the morning because I still had a 1.5 hours drive to Woerden in front of me. After arriving I had chat with the rest, unpack and finally a cup of coffee.

Starting with some coffee

The demonstration

After some coffee the workshop started with a presentation and a demonstration. For the demonstration a 54mm face of Ramses II from Art-Girona was used.  A great character face sculpted by Adriano Laruccia.  After a demonstration of applying the highlights and shadows, the people started working on their own face. Accompanied with some nice music. Soon a good lunch arrived with soup and sandwiches. After a satisfying meal the group continued with work on their faces.

Painting Ramses face

The people working on their figures

The face I prepared for the workshop

After some hours of painting, talking, making fun and looking at each others work it was already time to finish. We ended the day with some drinks and snacks and  a chat. Below you can see the pictures of the work (in progress) done during the day. 
I had a great time, thanks to all the people and to Sander for the excellent organization!


Sunday, May 8, 2011

More work done on figure and horse

The last weeks I have worked on the horse and the figure. I started sculpting the tail for the horse and did some adjustments on the saddle and sculpted some reins. For the figure I sculpted the folds of the jacket around the arms and made a start with the hat. The next step is to sculpt the fur texture on top. But still a lot of work to do.