Monday, March 7, 2011

IPC AMSS 2011

Last weekend on 5 and 6th March I went to the 16th International Painting Contest organized by the AMSS in Antwerpen. It was excellent organized and it was a great show. Special guest this year was Danilo Cartacci which gave a seminar on Saturday. It was great to see the master at work. When you see him painting it looks so simple.

I was also great to have a chat with the people I normally only see on the different forums. There were around 400 high quality figures in competition. I entered four of my figures in the open and fantasy category and was lucky to win a silver medal in the open category. Best of show this year went to 'Busted' from Marijn van Gils. Which was a stunning boxed diorama about a husband who finds his wife in bed with somebody else. And it was hardly impossible to photograph, you have to see it.


It was a great event and hopefully I can be their next time again.

Here are some pictures of figures in competition:

Cheers,
Marcel.

2 comments:

steve readdie said...

Sounds like you had a good time mate and congratulations on your silver medal.
it was nice to see the photographs and looks like competition was of a very high standard.

All the best mate

Steve

Marcel Boerrigter said...

Thanks Steve! Indeed, there were a lot of beautiful figures and I had a great time.

Cheers,
Marcel.