The last days I have made a start with the paintwork. First I tried to paint without using a primer. But this was a disaster. So after cleaning and priming the figure I started as usual with the face. After some layers of the base color Brownsand. I painted the highlights and shadows using basic skin tone and burnt cadmium red. Afterwards the highlights and shadows were blended using very diluted paint. Most of the blend work is done on the right side of the face. I'm still working on the left side. When the blend work is finished I will continue painting the hair and moustache. The hat is painted using a base english uniform which was highlighted with a sand color and shadows with black. The red are painted with base color and some rough highlights. Soon another update.
I had some weeks of a wel deserved vacation. After my vacation I continued working on this figure. There was not much time for modeling but I worked a few evenings until midnight to get the sculpture finished. The work that was done was adding the missing details on the jacket and sculpting the hair using a MS/Duro mix. Futhermore several parts were refined or smoothed a bit more. Next step is to clean the figure and start with the painting process.
Welcome to my blog! Here I will frequently post pictures on the current status of the projects I'm working on. I hope you enjoy this page and if you have some comments please leave a message or send me an email.